It was the second day of the F1 Night Race and my mother's friend kindly gave my family tickets to MBS SkyPark for the F1 SkyPark Party. Once we arrived at MBS, the hotel staff were polite and even ushered us as we were unfamiliar with the area. While walking, I noticed the decorations and detailed architecture of the hotel were breathtaking as every minor design added and revealed a different emotion shown by the artist through their art work, yet achieved the homely feeling that welcomed every guest that stepped through their doors. As an landscape and architecture student, I admired their work because I know the difficulties, thoughts and time put through to eventually arrived at their once rough sketched paper dream.
As we went up to the 57th floor, my heart pounded, air pressure lowered, and ding goes the lift. We took a family portrait together as a souvenir and the party was great. The amazing view from the 57th floor summarized the entire Marina/CBD area of Singapore. The night lights, the roar of the F1 cars engines and helicopters flying right above our heads contributed to the mood of the event. There was even buffet and drinks served with special guests invited to entertained us right before the real event starts. As I walked and looked around, I realized how beautiful and well-developed Singapore is and how fortunate I was to be living here. The event lasted for about 2 hours plus and even though it was "fun", it was pretty boring as well watching the cars driving about in circles... So midway I went to the infinity pool to take a look. To summarize, it was a great experience but I might not want to go there again haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment